Fifty Cent Food Days (FCFD)
The Student Representative Council (SRC) run two “Fifty Cent Food Days” (FCFD) per term as a fundraising option. The generous donation of food items by families give the SRC 100% profit, allowing them to make donations to charities and the School. Students enjoy the ‘mini’ tuckshop twice a term, allowing them to experience handling money, making food choices and maybe trying a new food.
During FCFD, parents are encouraged to donate different food options for students to purchase.
Cakes are welcome but I would encourage parents to consider the following options from the Smart Choices Amber and Green Groups when donating goods for the FCFD. The options are only limited by your creativity and imagination. Packaging food items in serving sizes makes it easy and hygienically appropriate for distribution.
- Sandwiches- use a variety of bread types or rolls, or make sandwich stacks (three pieces of bread) – meat, egg, cheese and salad fillings
- Salad Bags – carrot, celery, snow peas, egg, cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomatoes
- Frozen fruit- oranges, pineapple, grapes, kiwi fruit, water melon
- Mini Pizzas- made on English Muffins or flat bread base
- Raisin or Fruit Bread (Plain or low fat cheese spread)
- Pikelets, pancakes – plain, fruit or savoury
- Scones – cheese, plain, fruit, pumpkin
- Yoghurts- fresh, frozen plain or fruit
- Muffins – Savoury and Sweet
- Pocket sandwiches (Pita Bread)
- Fruit Muffins
- Packets of dried fruit
- Wraps – meat and salad
- Fruit salad cups
- Fruit Jellies
- Finger buns – iced or plain
- Rice cakes
- Rice crackers
- Pretzel bags
- Crackers and Cheese