Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Co-ordinator
Whilst all the staff at Redeemer Lutheran College, Biloela view pastoral care as an important part of their job, we also have a Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Coordinator, specifically dedicated to this area. This service is partially funded by the Australian Government Department of Education under the National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program.
The Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Coordinator is available for anyone in our community that may need an extra measure of support but the coordinator’s core focus is our students. The level of a student’s connectedness to, and engagement at school, their physical health and emotional wellbeing can significantly impact on academic achievement.
Mrs Eureka Coetzee has a combined fulltime role of Deputy Principal and Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Co-ordinator at Redeemer Lutheran College Biloela.
The aim of our Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care service is to support students by
- being available to students to listen to their concerns and provide advice and guidance where appropriate,
- being available to listen to parents/guardians and teachers’ concerns about students overall wellbeing and provide advice and guidance where appropriate,
- being an advocate for students’ needs with staff and parents,
- being a conduit for accessing other professional services when needed,
- overseeing the Behaviour Education Program of the College including the implementation of the Play is the Way program in P-6,
- organised lunch play activities to promote engagement and the Social Emotional Curriculum.
The Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Coordinator is not a qualified counsellor and does not provide counselling nor does the Redeemer Lutheran College Student Wellbeing Coordinator provide Spiritual counselling. The Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Co-ordinator can provide you with details to contact our on staff counsellor. To access support in spiritual matters please contact the College Pastor or the Principal via the College Office. The Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Coordinator is accessible by students, parents and staff on their request. No referrals are made by College staff.
The Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Coordinator can be contacted by
- Emailing email@example.com
- Phoning 49921813
- Or calling into the College Office
The Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Coordinator meets formally each week with the RLCB Educational Committee which comprises the Teaching and Learning Co-ordinator and the Principal. The Educational Committee review and assess students’ holistic needs and plan for intervention as required.
Any complaints about the service provided should be directed to the Principal.
The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of the Australian Government Department of Education.